Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Monitoring Associate
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures for construction projects
- Monitor construction project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving required project outputs
- Monitor and evaluate project timelines and overall progress of achievement of projects within specified component timelines and overall deadlines.
- Carry out random independent checks on construction processes, quality of materials used for construction and report any anomalies to the CRO.
- Carry out regular checks and provide feedback to CRO and Project Managers on their project planning, project strategies, processes and activities
- Validate the use of detailed and comprehensive checklists by the Project management team and ensure consistent use of such checklists
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving project outputs
- Identify any bottlenecks in completing projects and develop plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks
- Recommend strategies to the project management team for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the logical framework of project management
- Develop key performance indicators for monitoring and ensuring project success and regularly report on to the Chief Risk Officer on such key indicators
- Report monthly, quarterly half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the CRO and Project Monitoring Committee
- Prepare and maintain a database of all project monitoring reports
- Project monitoring reports
- Project review plan
- Issues log and Risk logs
- Technical (80%)
- Administrative (20%)
- Corrective action response time (10%)
- Percentage of compliance regulations met by the required date (15%)
- Number of implemented opportunities for improvement (OFI) vs. number of raised opportunities for improvement during internal and external audits (15%)
- Percentage of critical business services not covered by risk analysis (10%)
- Savings generated and costs avoided associated with identified issues (5%)
- Overall corporate performance (10%)
- Feedback – The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (10%)
Experience and Education
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Building or relevant engineering field
- 5-7 years professional experience; 2 years within a similar role.
- Knowledgeable, skilful and experienced about construction
- Knowledgeable about project management.
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualises the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, shareholders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
- Speaking and working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date