The Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDBG) on 1st April 2020 signed the Framework Agreement with the Federal Republic of Nigeria (represented by Federal Ministry of Finance) regarding the support in the implementation of the BRAVE Women Nigeria Program funded by Women Entrepreneurship Finance Initiative (We-Fi), administered by the World Bank. In 2019, prior to signing the agreement, IsDBG officially appointed Bank of Industry (BoI) as the Local Execution Agency (LEA). BRAVE Women Nigeria Project is to be implemented in Edo, Kano and Gombe States.
Bank of Industry (BoI) engaged W-Holistic Business Solutions to support the Program on Component 6: Set-Up & Capacity Building of a Project Management Unit (PMU) for Business Resilience Assistance for Value-Added Enterprises (BRAVE) Women in Nigeria.
Within this Component is the filling of the vacant 2.5 Years Contract position (subject to a possible extension of 6 months for project close-out) in the PMU as follows:
Job Title: Project Officer
Locations: Edo, Kano and Gombe
- BRAVE Women Nigeria Project focuses on developing and increasing the economic opportunities for female entrepreneurs through skills training aimed at business viability (i.e. profitability) in targeted country-specific value chains. It will enhance the bankability, entrepreneurial, and market development skills of female owned/led Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that are critical to sustainable local growth and job creation. Furthermore, it will promote pro-poor growth by targeting the value chain in the market segments and sectors where the majority of the poor earn their living, and tackle gender disparities in economic opportunities by targeting women entrepreneurs.
- All Officers will work under the direction of the Project Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure that the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project’s mission, goals and operations are achieved on time, on budget and within scope.
- The Project Officer will assist with planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project in the respective Implementation State.
S/he will provide support for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project in the Implementation State
- Interface with project contractors, consultants, Business Development Service providers and Mobile Officers, keeps track of their deliverables, and keeps the Project Manager up-to-date
- Conduct financial and budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with the Project’s Admin. & Procurement Officer and Project Manager
- Support Central PMU (Admin. & Procurement Officer and MEAL Officer) with their activities at the Implementation State level
- Assist with the implementation, coordination and overseeing of all PMU-related operating procedures as stipulated under the project’s Operating Manual (OM) to facilitate project start up and to support the project to completion under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in keeping with project procurement policy for the approval of the Project Manager
- Interact with and supports the entire PMU in the execution of the project components
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing regular reports to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met. This includes not only the narrative reports, but also the financial statements from the partner banks.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions and brings them to the attention of the Project Manager for action
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the entire PMU
- When required, set up team meetings, record meeting minutes and allocate actions
- Maintain relevant project data in various systems and in particular the project’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and dashboard
- Oversee the upkeep of project documents to ensure they are fit for use and their archiving
- Provide responses to ad hoc requests for information on projects by all relevant stakeholders
- Carry out additional duties to support the smooth operations and management of PMU
- A graduate degree in Management, Economics, Project Management or any other related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience in the Project Management and Administration with NGOs, bilateral or multilateral developmental agencies
- Knowledge of international development or a demonstrated interest in private sector development (specifically MSME development and financing) and/or gender-related issues.
- Dynamic professional with experience in project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the Project Manager.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups, nationally and regionally.
- Good communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of different project management software and the Microsoft Office applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
- Good working knowledge of internationally accepted rules governing procurement of goods and services.
- Fast learner, able to adapt and multitask, self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable and creative.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to manage tasks, plan and deliver on timelines.
- Ability to communicate in English (written and oral). Knowledge of other Nigerian languages is an asset.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with the Job Title as subject of the email.