Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Shipping Logistics and Customs Coordinator
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Supervise all Project transport and customs activities in direct coordination with Project Management, Expediting & Inspection and Project Logistics Manager/field logistics team in order to ensure that all materials/equipment are actually delivered to final destination in a safe and timely manner.
- Coordinate Shipping & Customs Officers assigned to the Project, to run transport activities in an efficient and cost effective manner, according to Company best practices and procedures.
- Ensure a proper tracking of Project shipping & custom activities through Company tools/software.
- Liaise with the Shipping &Customs Network and ensure coordination between Project management and the various interfaces involved in the supply chain process (i.e. Engineering, Procurement, Expediting & Inspection, Project Logistics Managers and their operational logistics team on site).
- Prepare Project packing, transport & customs scope of works, specifications
- Support Procurement in defining the best delivery terms with vendors and, where required, subcontractors
- Distribute Shipping Instructions through the Project organization and through Shipping & Customs Network.
- Support Materials Management and Project Expediting Coordinators in defining and preparing Shipping & Customs documents
- Together with Shipping and Customs Manager, identify Clients Project Insurances requirements and address related issues, promptly notify Insurance department when the value of a shipment exceed the Corporate Insurance deductibles and when a damage occurs during transportation.
- Issue Purchase Requisitions and Technical Bid Evaluations for dedicated Project transport contracts
- Guarantee a proper flow of information and adequate tracking of Project transportation, updating Material Status Report or any other document required to monitor the status of the various shipments
- Coordinate Project transport & customs activities through the Shipping and Customs Officers assigned to the Project in direct liaison, where required, with Shipping & Customs Network
- Where applicable, supported by Shipping and Customs Manager, Project Logistics Manager and Project contract management, liaise with Clients in order to coordinate the hand over, customs formalities and/or further transportation of Company Provided Items to the Project logistics base according to Main Contract provisions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science/ Engineering / Logistics & Supply Chain Management / Shipping Management or other relevant field
- Minimum of about 5 to 7 years relevant experience in the energy industry
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online