Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist – Staff Care
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Length: 7 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- ACF national staff is facing a double constraint: a lot of them have been directly exposed to traumatic events in their personal and professional lives, and are facing their beneficiaries’ suffering, in a context of intense workload. They may suffer from anxiety and post-traumatic disorders and burnout issues, with a high impact on their affective, cognitive and social functioning.
- In order to prevent and deal with psychological disorders, the mission is willing to help them develop personal and professional self-care strategies, in order to help them serve ACF’s beneficiaries. The staff care psychologist will be responsible for designing the staff care strategy in Nigeria, aligned with ACF France principles.
- Under the management of the Deputy Country Director – support, and the Staff Care Advisor in HQ, you will be responsible for strengthening ACF’s employees coping mechanisms due to work-related stress factors.
Your Main Responsibilities will be :
- To improve staff strategies regarding stress related to professional factors (burnout issues, compassion fatigue, and vicarious trauma) and personal factors (exposure to traumatic events). This implies working with groups of collaborators and managers
- To provide psychological support and follow-up in cases of traumatic exposure
- To provide individual counseling for those asking for it, on a regular basis. This activity is confidential and could imply that getting refer to local medical/psychological resources when required.
- To identify local resources for mental health, in order to facilitate psychological care in case of future needs
- You hold a clinical psychology Master’s degree with a relevant experience in psycho trauma and psychotherapy (BCT or EMDR training appreciated).
- You demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in sensitive cultural environments; you have experience and ability in workshop facilitation, you have a good capacity to organize in emergency situations.
- This position may include working occasionally during weekends (in case of a critical incident)
- Fluency in English written / spoken is compulsory.
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335 EURO upon experience
- Monthly country allowance: 450 EURO
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, and 215 EURO at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge
E515 / Month.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
- ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.