WAVE’s goal is to provide millions of youth in West Africa with employment skills to lift themselves out of poverty, contributing to their communities and the nation’s economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer (Restaurant)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Purchasers, also known as purchasing agents, purchase tools, supplies, equipment, and/or parts from various vendors and suppliers.
- Purchasers work independently in a highly collaborative environment that requires frequent communication and may travel to the warehouse and storage areas within the company to complete their usual job tasks.
Write Purchase Orders:
- Purchasers purchase items from vendors and suppliers, filling out all necessary purchase orders.
- Distribute Supplies to the Cafe and Production house.
- Must Update Expense sheet regularly
- Monthly price comparison to ensure the company gets the best deals.
- Purchasers shop for the best available deals on needed items by looking up prices from multiple vendors and suppliers to find the highest-quality items for the lowest price.
- Purchasers process purchase orders, updating digital files as needed to record purchases made, when money has been received, and all other relevant information.
- Purchasers monitor and maintain inventory levels, ordering new items as needed to keep the inventory fully stocked and supplied.
- Purchasers ensure that purchased orders are delivered by coordinating with warehouse and transport staff.
- Negotiate: Purchasers negotiate new contracts with existing and new vendors and suppliers.
- Purchasers locate new vendors and establish working relationships with them. They also maintain existing vendor and supplier relationships.
Purchaser Skills and Qualifications:
- Purchasers collaborate with other members of the supply chain, ensuring that purchases arrive in a timely fashion precisely as ordered to keep inventories well stocked.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 – 5 years work experience.
- Experience in this role is huge advantage
- Only candidates that stay on the island
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Leadership – to work closely with warehouse staff and other staff members within the company, ensuring they are managing purchases properly on their end of the supply chain
- Communication – purchasers work in a collaborative environment that requires coordination with other departments and negotiation with vendors
- Computer skills – to keep digital files updated and manage purchase orders
- Multi-tasking – to manage multiple duties and responsibilities at once
- Organization – to maintain purchase order paperwork and digital files, monitor inventory
- systems, and ensure deliveries
- Detail-oriented – to find the best rates for purchased items and maintain inventory levels.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.