Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Consultant
Job Type: Consultancy
Career Category: Program / Project Management
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with mDoc and the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) as partners, Jhpiego is implementing a Merck funded cooperative agreement called MSD for Mothers (MFM) Quality of Care (QoC) project. The project aims to offer unique and synergistic strengths to co-design and implement an innovative QoC model to achieve the project’s expected outputs, aimed at reducing Maternal Mortality and Morbidity by focusing on the indirect causes of maternal mortality and morbidity. The project is being implemented in two (2) states – Abuja and Lagos.
Objectives of the Project
- The MSD for Mothers’ project is tasked with the key objectives of supporting women to reduce their risk of Maternal Mortality and Morbidity due to indirect causes via an integrated Quality of Care (QoC) model
- This project aims to augment existing platforms and MH/RH services to deliver woman-centered interventions for prevention, detection and treatment of indirect causes of Maternal Mortality and Morbidity across a woman’s reproductive life cycle.
- Provide technical leadership in capacity building, clinical mentoring, routine data collection, develop human interest and success stories and conduct supportive supervision in the technical area of quality of care for non-communicable diseases (Hypertension, Diabetes, Anemia and Obesity) on the MSD for mother’s project.
Working closely with the Project Director of the MSD for Mothers project and other project technical staff you are to:
- Support the Program Director to implement and provide technical guidance on service and quality of care package for Non Communicable Disease like Hypertension, gestational and Chronic Diabetes Mellitus, Anemia and obesity prevention, management and treatment that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of WRA.
- Provide on-site capacity building trainings (providers and training of trainers) at various touch points in health facilities as well as follow-up support, monthly data collection and reporting from all 20 selected health facilities and clinical mentoring as necessary for QoC for NCDs around Hypertension, gestational and Chronic Diabetes Mellitus, Anemia and obesity prevention, management and treatment at primary health care facilities in the Lagos state.
- Collect information and develop success stories from the onsite capacity building and other activities being implemented in the 10 selected facilities in the Lagos State.
- Provide support to synthesize and document results and lessons from the onsite training program and mentoring of the QI teams in the supported facilities etc.
- Develop relevant IEC materials and guidelines for health care workers in the health facilities.
- Provide support and mentoring to Quality improvement teams established in the 20 facilities in Lagos.
- Lead the monthly collection of data from all touch points in the 20 facilities to measure progress of the project.
- Contribute to quarterly reports and annual reports to the Donor.
Qualifcations / Experiences / Competencies
- The NCD / Quality Improvement Consultant must be a proven leader in the field of MH / RH-NCD service and quality Improvement with senior-level management experience in public health programs.
- S / he must be well recognized by the MH / RH-NCD community in Nigeria. The Consultant must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with Donor-funded programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- An experienced Midwife / Nurse or any other closely related health care professional; other related courses (e.g. MPH, MSC or other relevant degrees) will be an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in MH / RH-NCD in Africa, preferably in Nigeria
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policymakers in MH / RH-NCD.
- Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions
- Strong skills in design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. services, training, supportive supervision, clinical mentoring, advocacy and coordination.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding quality improvement of MH / RH-NCD services.
- Experience with technical leadership for programs funded by donors in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
Specific deliverables are:
- Capacity building / On-site refresher trainings for health care workers in in various touch points at the 20 health facilities in the Lagos
- Monthly data collection and reporting from all 20 selected health facilities
- Quarterly ISS to health facilities with State counterparts.
- Identify success stories or human-interest stories
- Support monthly Quality Improvement mentoring and coaching in the facilities
- Training report and quarterly reports detailing work done and recommendations.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Quality Improvement Consultant” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer