International Aviation College – We are an International Aviation College established in Nigeria and working towards making a great difference in the Aviation Industry. This College was established to provide Pilot Training and Aviation related Courses, Aircraft Engineers, Helicopter Pilots, Airline re-current training, Flight Dispatchers, Air Traffic Control, Initial and Recurrent Training programs. Our long term objective is to award Student Certificates in Aviation Management.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Illorin, Kwara
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Rector is the head of the College, responsible for running the day-to-day activities of the College.
- He is the Chief Accounting Officer/Accountable Manager and Academic Officer of the Institute.
- He is responsible for implementing a comprehensive institutional strategy in delivering high-quality training and human resources management.
- The Rector must be competent to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the College.
- The candidate should have had extensive knowledge in Business Management and a proven track record of experience in Air Transportation (Commercial, Regulatory, Flight Training or Military).
- The prospective post holder’s possession of an ICAO recognized Airline Transport or Commercial Pilot License is an added advantage but more important is the candidates understanding of the qualitative Flight Training for Trainee Pilots.
- The Rector shall be a certified Airline Captain, Instructor Captain or Aircraft Engineer with at least 20 years of work experience in the Aviation sector.
- Experience in formulating and ensuring compliance with all the required Authorised Training Organisation operations and training manuals as well as the syllabi of the courses is essential.
- This will cover all aspects of the Flight Training Organisation’s training programs to the highest ICAO standard that will gain international recognition of the College graduates.
- The minimum age required for this position is 35 years and not more than 65 years of age at the time of assumption of office
- Exhibit strong administrative leadership and capacity to generate funds.
- Provide evidence of medical fitness from a Government hospital.
- Must be a person of high/proven integrity and strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- Must be able to instill confidence into others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- A valid training license will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- The Rector shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and may be re-appointed for another term of four years.
Salary and Allowances
- An attractive salary and contractual package will be offered to the right candidate in line with the College’s salary scale.
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2021.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with a typewritten application with a comprehensive CV (maximum of 3 pages).
The Curriculum Vitae (CV) should include the following information:
- Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place of Birth
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address / Phone number
- Marital status
- Educational Institution attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualification with dates
- Academic honours and membership of professional bodies
- Previous experience on post held and duration with dates
- Present employment status with date
- Description of present duty
- Extra curriculum activities and
- Names and address of three (3) referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a brown envelope sealed and marked “RECTOR”, and addressed to:
International Aviation College,
Lagos Express Road by Ilorin International Airport,
Ilorin, Kwara State,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.