Proten International – Our client, a major Internet Service Provider in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: General Manager – Admin & HR
Employment Type: Full-time
- Regulation and Public Policy falls within the Corporate Affairs department. The role of Regulatory Compliance Manager will be particularly focused on ensuring company’s compliance with Telecoms Regulations and in drafting and coordinating company positions on key policy matters with particular emphasis on those that have an impact on commercial strategy and pricing.
- Oversee and ensure the organization’s compliance with Telecommunication Regulations
- Advise and coordinate the development of company views on Telecom’s policy matters
- Aid and assist the organization in submitting regulatory data
- Support internal business divisions on relevant regulatory aspects of commercial dealings as and when required
- Aid and assist in the representation of the company’s interests before national regulatory authorities and relevant government departments in all areas pertaining to telecommunications regulation
- Coordinate and support the business in responding to all consultations on regulated telecommunications markets
- Represent Company at relevant telecommunication industry
- Work hand in hand with management and staff to identify and manage regulatory risk
- Ensuring that the company is equipped with internal controls that adequately measure and manage the risks it faces.
- Develop an appropriate disciplinary measures in place in the event of a regulatory breach in order to avoid a future recurrence
- Creating and implementing organizational policies, standards, and procedures to comply with applicable regulations
- Maintaining open lines of communication with all relevant decision makers and stakeholders in order to keep all parties informed of regulatory changes ∙ Organizing regular training sessions for employees in order to efficiently communicate key regulatory changes and updates
- BA / MA in Law, Economics, Political Science, or other related discipline
- At least 5 years work experience with a telecoms operator, consultancy, Government institution or Regulatory agency in the area of commercial product pricing or regulatory finance
- Experience with Nigeria federal and state regulatory compliance in the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of the wider telecoms / ICT sector
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent inter-personal skills and strong written and communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a small team with limited supervision
- Competent computer literacy skills particularly with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commercial, regulatory backgrounds with a strong technical understanding of the cable or telecoms sectors, their networks and product offerings
- Practical experience of the telecommunication’s regulatory arena
- Experience of working in a multinational, corporate or large-scale organization where relationship building and influencing across diverse stakeholder groups is essential.
- Demonstrable strategic outlook, commercial awareness, financial acumen
- Relationship building, influencing and consulting across diverse stakeholder groups
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2021.