West Africa Vocational Education (WAVE) – Our client, a reputable Restaurant is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Restaurant Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- A reputable restaurant at Victoria Island, Lagos is looking to hire a Restaurant Accountant to handle the financial transaction of a restaurant daily and needs to keep a proper record of its financial statement.
- The accountant needs to track the transaction and prepare a report regarding the financial status of a business through the balance sheet, profit and loss account, and cash flow statement.
- All major decisions of a restaurant are taken based on accounting records and it clearly shows the financial position of the business. The professional is responsible for preparing tax returns and they involve recording, interpreting, classifying, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing the financial data.
- Providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data
- Preparing asset, liability and capital account entries by analyzing account information
- Documentation of financial transaction by updating account data
- Recommending financial actions and summarizing the current financial status
- Collecting data, preparing balance sheet, and profit and loss statement
- Handling financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintaining accounting control by preparing policies and procedures
- Directing accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering to queries
- Coordinating financial issues by collecting and analyzing accounting data
- Securing financial data by completing database backup
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls
- Preparing payment by verifying documentation and requesting disbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, and Finance and preferably certified
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge about the data entry management
- Punctual, reliable and must have strong communication skill
- Knowledge about MS office, excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to work in a team and produce quality output under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, prioritization skill and time management
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Able to sit for an extended period
- Able to lift the weight and look at the computer screen for a longer time
- Experience in retail or restaurant accounting.
N150,000 – N200,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.