Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer – System Compliance and Reporting
Reference No: Okpella – HSSE0028
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Category: DCP – HSSE
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the operations
- Oversee development of a site induction package outlining the major hazards and the safety requirements to avoid or control those hazards
- Advise management on deficiencies in the safety performance at the operations
- Develop a plant based H&S training and development plan based on the needs of each operation and the major hazards identified
- Oversee the quality of induction safety programs being conducted for both the plant and contractor employees
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external systems audits to evaluate H&S performance
- Ensure specific surveys and reporting are conducted in an approved format. These surveys may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lifting equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Occupational noise
- Thermal exposure
- Chemical exposure
- Air quality
- Develop an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at plant
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to H&S
- Ensure compliance to all relevant H&S legal requirements
- Qualified as a H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization (Minimum NEBOSH level 3 or IGC)
- Hold a High National Diploma or a Degree in Engineering / other subject.
- Excellent knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Control
- Excellent knowledge on Fire Safety Management
- Understanding of current concepts in H&S and/or related integrated management systems
- Understanding of Country H&S laws
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Audit and Inspection
- Incident Investigation with Root cause Analysis.
- Understanding of typical plant operations / dynamics
- Experience in Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Communication skills
- English and national / regional language (verbal and written).
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online