How to apply for Sahara Group 2017 Safety Officer/ Fireman Job Recruitment – Are you interested in starting your career with Sahara Group? Get Started.
Job Title: Safety Officer/ Fireman
Monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety. Ensure compliance with established Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
• Monitor Depot/Terminal activities to ensure that workers comply with the company policies and government safety regulations.
• Control periodical inspection on fixed extinguishing systems (CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water, foam and dry powder), inspect, test and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings.
• Participate in / lead a team engaged in rescue / firefighting /emergency activities with the proper use of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment / systems.
• Develop policy, safety inspections, safety training and complies with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
• Overview, monitor, and enable preventive maintenance & inspection on the various types of, portable gas detection appliances, fire, safety and lifesaving equipment which includes complete checks, servicing, repairing and supervising contracted assistants while undertaking maintenance work.
• Assists in investigating accidents or injuries that occur in the workplace and writes a report detailing the cause and provides recommendations that can help prevent future accidents
• Ensure trucks inside the depot are marshalled properly to avoid accidents
• To ensure fire regulations compliance by all Ensure fire drills are conducted regularly
• Ensure water level in hydrant tank is within safe limit and replenish water stock level as necessary.
• Making sure trucks are properly parked in the depot.
• Making sure all trucks are properly earthed before loading commences
• Checking trucks before entry into depot.
• Good use of MS word and Excel
• Good Communication skills
• A good team player
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
• B.Sc Chemistry or equivalent in a Science or Engineering course.
• 1-2 years of cognate experience as safety officer in storage tanking farms / Oil depot or terminal and firefighting and fire prevention in Energy Sector.
• Professional Safety Certification is a must
• Hard working
• Team player
• Must possess excellent inter-personal skills
• Depot Manager/Supervisors
• QHSSE Supervisor /Officer
• All depot staff