How to apply for Sahara Group 2017 Safety Officer/ Fireman Job Recruitment – Are you interested in starting your career with Sahara Group? Get Started.
Monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety. Ensure compliance with established Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
• Monitor Depot/Terminal activities to ensure that workers comply with the company policies and government safety regulations.
• Control periodical inspection on fixed extinguishing systems (CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water, foam and dry powder), inspect, test and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings.
• Participate in / lead a team engaged in rescue / firefighting /emergency activities with the proper use of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment / systems.
• Develop policy, safety inspections, safety training and complies with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
• Overview, monitor, and enable preventive maintenance & inspection on the various types of, portable gas detection appliances, fire, safety and lifesaving equipment which includes complete checks, servicing, repairing and supervising contracted assistants while undertaking maintenance work.
• Assists in investigating accidents or injuries that occur in the workplace and writes a report detailing the cause and provides recommendations that can help prevent future accidents
• Ensure trucks inside the depot are marshalled properly to avoid accidents
• To ensure fire regulations compliance by all Ensure fire drills are conducted regularly
• Ensure water level in hydrant tank is within safe limit and replenish water stock level as necessary.
• Making sure trucks are properly parked in the depot.
• Making sure all trucks are properly earthed before loading commences
• Checking trucks before entry into depot.
• Good use of MS word and Excel
• Good Communication skills
• A good team player
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
• B.Sc Chemistry or equivalent in a Science or Engineering course.
• 1-2 years of cognate experience as safety officer in storage tanking farms / Oil depot or terminal and firefighting and fire prevention in Energy Sector.
• Professional Safety Certification is a must
• Hard working
• Team player
• Must possess excellent inter-personal skills
• Depot Manager/Supervisors
• QHSSE Supervisor /Officer
• All depot staff