Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager – Ibese Plant (Cement Industry)
Job Ref.: IbesePlantSecurity003
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
- We are looking for a competent Security Manager with direct report to the Plant Director and dotted line report to the Group General Manager, Security to organize and oversee all security operations of our company. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards.
- As Security Manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have the Security Department under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
- The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
- Developing and implementing security policies, protocols and procedures.
- Organising of Intelligence reports to prevent any violence or brake of law and order situation resulting in damage to the company staff or company property.
- Protecting of company assets against theft.
- Controlling budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Recruiting, training and supervising security officers and guards.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures.
- Organising of Intelligence reports.
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Recruit, train and supervise security officers and guards
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Ensure 100% facilitation of criminal cases in court and ensuring crimes against the company are properly investigated and prosecuted.
- Ensure total compliance to the safety standards and policies of the company.
- Ensure 100% effective access control to the Plant, Mines and Housing Estate to avoid intruders.
- Create reports for management on security status
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
- Minimum ND; HND; B.Sc.in security administration or similar field will be an asset.
- Minimum of 27 years’ experience.
- Proven experience as Security Manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- The prospective candidate should be of the rank of Lt Col / Colonel in the Army or Deputy / Assistant Commission of Police.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date