The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full Time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- TheprojectwillensurethatOrphansandVulnerableChildren(OVC)are cared for and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support in Coordinating crosscutting technical programmatic areas and create systems for program reporting obligations to funders, support the setting of the project learning, adaptive and collaborative objectives.
- Provide support to the program in rolling out the implementation of the project learning agenda that creates, captures, organizes and translate, share and apply knowledge to improve ICHSSA 1programs.
- Institute process for developing of newsletter, factsheets, news nuggets and success stories in collaboration with the CLA advisor.
- Support the CLA advisor in the development of operational research agenda and protocol and coordinate with senior management in obtaining funders approval.
- Work with database manager and create filling systems to ensure project reports, thematic reports, Monthly CSO reports are routinely archived in the appropriate files in ICHSSA cloud share points.
- Work with Finance and Grants team to develop an attribution template to track different OVC domain cost and contribute to the development and improvements in the projects OVC costing approach, related to effectiveness and impact optimization. This should include tracking finances for sustainable program impact and alignment with the HIV 95- 95-95 goals.
- Develop a directory of, and initiate network referral coordination of households and OVCs to other support services not provided for by the project with the aim of improving household well-being.
- Facilitate and create resource mobilization mapping and opportunities within the state by facilitating private sector collaboration and create new opportunities to further leverage sources for the wellbeing of the orphans and vulnerable households.
- Support the senior management in the coordination of state workplans for the project and review for alignment with result areas and output indicators. Assist in supporting a process to ensure timely information and access to approval processes as needed/required to implement ICHSSA 1 activities
- Assist the COP in facilitating the coordination of communications (written, oral, and electronic) required to support the ICHSSA 1 program
- Review and monitor the preparation of relevant project documents, substantial sections of reports, studies, and inputs for publications
- Contribute into corporate exercises for planning, monitoring and reporting on results achieved through projects implementation support, studies, strategies, policy dialogue and capacity development activities.
- Contribute in the production of analytical tools, background papers, analysis, or concept notes
- Other duties assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: COP, DCOP, DOP SPM, CLA Advisor and other Technical Program Staff.
- Supervisory: None
- External: Private sectors collaboration and other beneficiary programs to the OVC
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’recruitmentandselectionproceduresreflectourcommitmenttoprotectingchildrenand vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work or other health related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in program specialist position managing and implementing international development activities in Nigeria, with preference given to OVC and HIV/AIDS/Health.
- Strong track record of HIV/AIDS programming, understanding of the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results
- Knowledge and understanding of OVC issues, Child Protection and Adolescent challenges and policy for HIV Care for Children, and OVC Case Management, in addition to extensive knowledge of key actors in these fields
- Previous 5 years’ experience of managing sub-award recipients
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom
Application Closing Date
Friday 10th July, 2020 (Midnight).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter (as a single MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.