Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Risk Associate
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Determine the nature and extent of exposure to external, strategic and operational risks and appropriately manage the Group’s risk within its risk appetite.
- Pre appraise projects for viability and reasonableness.
- Ongoing liquidity and solvency monitoring and ensuring all borrowing covenants are adhered to.
- Formulate relevant policies to ensure effective management of risks across the Group.
- Identify principal risks, aggregate various risk exposures and maintain a comprehensive risk register for the Group. Identify actions to mitigate such risks.
- Identify reasonably foreseeable internal and external threats and any actions required
- Identify qualitative and quantifiable key risk indicators and evaluate, mitigate, monitor and report on key risk indicators regularly to CRO.
- Review, update and ensure adherence to the company’s risk appetite across the group
- Ensure direct delivery of strategic actions in line with risk appetite and parameters
- Report on current and emerging risks at individual business unit and project levels
- Implement risk mitigation plan developed at the corporate level
- Keep abreast of country legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and audit methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with Head of Audit and Risk and relevant country departments.
- Conduct periodic training workshops for in-country staff to promote awareness of governance, risk management, and internal controls.
- Risk Register
- Risk reports
- Policy documents
- Technical (90%)
- Administrative (10%)
- Regular and comprehensive risk reports (25%) Up-to-date risk register (25%)
- Number of implemented opportunities for improvement (OFI) vs. number of raised opportunities for improvement during internal and external audits (15%)
- Percentage of business services in the country not covered by risk analysis (10%)
- Savings generated and costs avoided associated with identified audit issues (5%)
- Overall corporate performance (10%)
- Feedback – The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (10%).
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in accounting or business-related discipline
- Professional accounting Internal Audit or risk management qualification 5- 8 years professional experience, 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of risk management techniques, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Knowledgeable, skilful and experienced about Risk Management Knowledgeable about operating properties.
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualises the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, shareholders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
Application Closing Date