Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Shipment Operation Manager – Export – (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Shipmentoperation001
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing our shipping and distribution strategy.
- Also, to ensure secure, accurate, timely and productive shipping processes. and liaise with other Cement Plants to ensure seamless operations and compliance with approved schedule.
- Plan and implement overall export shipping strategy in compliance with DCP applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Use shipping software to organize and prioritize shipping activities
- Oversee the whole clinker export shipping process
- Set shipping KPIs, Prepare and present KPI reports to Head, Export Terminal
- Inspect labels and barcodes, and other features of completed orders
- Identify shipping issues and Suggest solutions for process optimization
- Verify completeness and accuracy of shipment documents.
- Analyze shipping schedule to identify potential bottlenecks and notify Head, Export Terminal for necessary action to mitigate/ eliminate risk.
- Monitor and track location of the shipment to the destination and relay information to Head, Export Terminal
- Supervise and oversee shipping team members
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders (such as export Terminal workers, Cement plant workers and Transport Division employees etc.) to put in place relevant procedures to support timely shipment as scheduled.
- Maintain email and/ or telephone communication with plant employees and shippers for enquiries, pickup information, status of shipment, etc.
- Prepare status updates & reports of daily shipments.
- Supervise and lead subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers etc.)
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Head, Export Terminal.
Education and Work Experience
- HND or B. Sc in supply chain, logistics, Business Admiration or its equivalent in relevant discipline
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years relevant work experience as a Shipping Managers or similar role
- Good knowledge of relevant planning and scheduling concepts
- Working knowledge of planning or tracking software/ applications
- Basic project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
Skills and Behaviours:
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the policies, regulations and procedures guiding export and import of goods nationally and internationally, and especially in DCP’s export country locations
- Up-to-date knowledge of world economy, tariffs, and customs documentation requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date