First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Skills & Competency Development Manager
Job Identification: 149
Job Schedule: Full Time
- Promote the closure of identified employee competency gaps via the proper identification of learning needs and the planning/preparation and roll-out of appropriate learning interventions
- Support the planning and development of a robust competency-based blended learning curriculum for FirstAcademy Schools, as well as all other Job Families and/or banking competency areas.
- Contribute towards entrenching the desired bank-wide learning culture, through the institution of blended learning methodologies and a well-established knowledge management framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the planning, design and development of competency-based learning curricula for designated FirstBank Departments/Business Units and/or Job Families and offer expertise in the (periodic) update of the FirstAcademy Schools’ Curriculum.
- Spearhead proactive consultations with line managers and business unit heads with a view to translating business requirements and strategies into competency imperatives
- Anchor the periodic (quarterly) preparation and roll-out of the bank-wide Training Schedule/Plan and Budgets, albeit excluding programmes run within the FirstAcademy multi-level Schools
- Oversee the treatment of approved adhoc instructor-led training requests – both foreign and local.
- Work closely with the Faculty Deans in designing best-fit training assessment methods (especially Training Impact Assessment – KP3) necessary to drive the achievement of desired learning outcomes and follow through on their implementation
- Report periodically on the business impact (i.e. the measure of training effectiveness as well as the Return on Investments) of training programmes through the Head, FirstAcademy to the Head, HCMD and FirstAcademy Governing Council.
- Facilitate the rollout of Inter-Departmental training programmes in line with approved Learning Management Policies and Procedures
- Partake in Training Vendor Accreditation processes and actively manage relationships with FirstBank Accredited Training Partners
- Act as a ‘trusted advisor’ and ‘business partner’ in offering proactive learning advisory services to staff as part of a holistic Talent Development Framework
- Work closely with the Head, FirstAcademy in proposing new policies on learning/teaching for Management approval.
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintain the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook
- Facilitate and champion organization-wide knowledge sharing, so that the organization’s know-how, information and experience is captured, retained and shared within; as well as outside the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders (as appropriate)
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintain the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Minimum Education: First Degree in Social Sciences or Human Resources
- Higher qualification and / or professional certifications in Training and Development and/or Human Resource Management.
- Minimum experience – 10 years relevant experience with hands-on experience in Course Design and Development and Programme Facilitation (stand-up training delivery).
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.