This is to inform all interested applicants that SPDC Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Job Vacancies Portal is Now Open. The SPDC Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020 Portal is now for applications from suitably qualified & experienced Nigerians to fill their job vacancies.
Below here is guide on how to apply for SPDC Nigeria recruitment 2019 Job Vacancy.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Job ID: 93408BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The role has been established as part of the Legal Services Global Litigation, Nigeria organization for the purpose of managing litigations (which term includes arbitration and other adversarial legal proceedings) in house.
- This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned environmental litigation matters in Nigeria.
SPDC Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Job Accountabilities
- As Legal Counsel, this role will be accountable to the Team Lead – Environmental litigation in Nigeria for the following:
- Management of the assigned litigation matters by providing cost effective and efficient litigation legal services to meet the litigation and dispute resolution needs and priorities of the company including:
- Management and risk evaluation of litigation and provision of advice and opinion to legal and business managers with respect to litigation and sundry issues being managed;
- developing a litigation strategy in each of the relevant assigned litigations including management of legacy litigation arising from spills or alleged pollutions
- Management of interface with external counsel to ensure the provision of efficient, cost-effective and result oriented services.
- Implementation of the company’s litigation management framework including:
- Reporting of significant litigation risks within the applicable control framework;
- Maintenance of the matter management database of all litigation matters assigned in the litigation management system.
SPDC Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Job Requirements
- This position requires a seasoned lawyer with at least 6-8 years of post qualification experience,4 years minimum experience in hands-on management of high-level and complex litigation matters.
- Excellent litigation, analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills with ability to spot legal issues and develop cost effective legal solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with Senior Management and External counsel with due regard for the needs of the business.
- High level of professional integrity and strong leadership and people management skills with capacity to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple competing activities and remain positive in challenging circumstances.
- Capability to learn new areas of law and show flexibility and pragmatism in deploying legal skills to achieve business objectives.
- Result driven self-starter with good business partnering skills and customer focus
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online