SPDC Scholarship 2018 Application Form is now available. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is delighted to announce the eight annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States.
In the seven years of this programme, over 70 students have won the opportunity to study at top rated universities in the UK on an all-expenses paid scholarship. For the academic year commencing September, 2018, SPDC in partnership with two universities in the UK-Imperial College London and the University of Leeds will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc studies. Awards will also be made to the University College, London. The SPDC Scholarship 2018 Application Form is open only for prograduates students.
SPDC Scholarship 2018 For Niger Delta Postgraduate Students
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions
Imperial College London
University College London
- Chemical/Process Engineering (MSc)
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
University of Leeds
SPDC Scholarship 2018 Application Form Requirements
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission).
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2019
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the local Nigerian consultant
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigeria consultant.
Method of Application
- Submit application for admission to any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- SPDC Scholarship 2018 Application Forms will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively, following a formal offer of admission by the university (except the University College, London)
- Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively will process applications and select candidates to attend interview before being considered for final selection.
- For the University College, London Only, written e-mail applications will be made directly to the local Nigerian consultant at the mailbox: SPDC-NDPGfirstname.lastname@example.org , following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than 30th July 2018.
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
Imperial College London