Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant position, in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: State Team Lead
Requisition ID: sfh – 06313
Locations: Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, and Oyo States (1 position each)
Employment Type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
- The position holder should possess mixed skills in HIV Monitoring and Evaluation, Program, and Commodity Management and will be required to provide oversight of program activities in the State.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Take the lead in the Implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment among Key Population to ensure the continuum of care as it relates to UNAIDS 95:95:95.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders and gatekeepers to provide enabling environment for the implementation of HIV prevention and treatment activities among Key Population in the state.
- Supervise implementation of comprehensive operational work plans for HIV prevention, care and treatment activities among CBOs, OSS and cART team in the State.
- Routinely review program and M&E data and report via DHIS, CRRF, and prepare and submit monthly program and M&E reports, also routinely review the quality of data on the EMR (LAMIS) and generate line listing for tracking for defaulters.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a University Degree or its equivalent in Social / Behavioural / Medical Sciences / Sciences or related field of study
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ post NYSC experience in managing HIV programme, 2 of which should be in KP programmes, Behaviour Change Communication, and management of health-related programmes.
- Should also have 2-year experience in HIV Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in excel spreadsheets, database, and statistical applications
- Competence in the use of DHIS2 (Data entry, pivot table and analytics)
- Conversant with the use of electronic medical record (LAMIS)
- Good report writing skills.
- Good mentoring and supervision skills.
- Ability to think out of the box in solving programmatic bottle necks
- Ability to work independently, and in team.
- Knowledgeable in commodities management and reporting
Skills and Competency Required:
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener that is easy to talk to.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.