Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Job ID: 210003OW
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Team/Programme: Nigeria Country Programe/ Supply Chain
Position Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Child Safeguarding – (Select only one)
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- This role will in line with the current global procurement policy and manual, coordinate the set up or implementation of supply chain functions and responsibilities, under the supervision of the SCM.
- The role will supervise and manage field supply chain staff in Yobe office.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Field Manager, Yobe
- Matrix Manager: Supply Chain Manager, Abuja
- Staff reporting to this post: 5+
- Direct: Supply Chain Officer, Supply Chain Assistant, Drivers
Key Areas of Accountability
- Coordination of programme supply chain needs; implement Save the children policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including areas as procurement for cost effective, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets.
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to in the area of responsibility, supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support supply chain staff including ensuring clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Ensure that procedures within the specific area of responsibility meet Save the Children and donor regulations, whether that be a within a given technical sector in logistics, or a specific field base
- Provide support to Supply Chain Manager on areas relating to budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education – Advanced Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration or an equivalent field.
- Six years progressive experience in supply chain, procurement and logistics management in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
- Proven experience in all technical areas of supply chain operations including procurement, logistics, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security.
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Experiencing in managing and supervising others in logistics and procurement functions.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics eg fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention eg Health, WASH, Food Security
- Knowledge of ERP software for supply chain management
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online