Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Job ID: 210003OY
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Position Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for managing logistics staff, vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement, security and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the Save the Children programmes in SC Nigeria. Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Key Areas of Accountability
Transport & Fleet Management:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Liaise with airlines for flight travel ensuring value for money. Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up an drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers. Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Ensure the telephone system is operational and cost effective (PABX and CUG). Report any defective equipment or service. Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost effective. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Field Manager.
TIM and Stock Management:
- Enter all new items purchased in SCI TIM software and ensure reconciling with Stock/Assets register.
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse and TIM online warehouse
- Ensure quarterly stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure all stock and assets purchased are entered in TIM and TIM generated GRN is used for payment.
- Ensure all program stock are released through TIM and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/point of usage.
- Ensure the BHs and the Country Office TIM focal person are informed about all expired, expiring SOF and other irregularities or discrepancy in TIM respectively.
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with country office if procurement must be conducted there
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Updates and Manages the Procurement tracker at the field level.
- Updates and manages the contract tracker at the field level.
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner
- Maintain and regularly update current contact database of other INGO organizations, donors and embassies.
- Maintain and where necessary develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the SCUK resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- Manage the diaries of the Base Managers where required.
- Ensure the regular collection and dissemination of the mail and courier.
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers, cleaners and guards and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programmes and country office
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to country office every month
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to country office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration, or related field.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online