United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member – UNIX Server Administration
Reporting Line: Team Lead – UNIX Server Administration
- Co-ordinate activities to ensure that all Unix IBM Servers in Data Centre are up and running, backups taken and system is made available at all times.
UNIX Administration functions:
- Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies.
- Build a trust relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official)
- Obtain mutual agreement on the resolution of issues, meetings required and the delivery of inter-dependent outputs and results.
- Compile a database indicating the role players, expected outputs, contact details, type of agreements, skills inventory, succession planning.
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements within the allocated time frames
- Attend Human Resources strategic meetings to provide feedback from the business to be taken into consideration when strategies are developed.
Manage and Administer UNIX servers:
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server.
- Design, install and configure the UNIX servers to the specific need and requirements of the applications.
- Periodically tune and optimize UNIX systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers.
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
Manage and Administer Storages:
- Administering of Enterprise Storage Systems (DS)
- Administering Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series.
- Create LUNs from Storage
- Re-distribute storage utilisations on servers.
Work with OEM Engineer onsite:
- Work with Assigned customer engineer from OEM on Software and hardware calls
- Monitor the correct implementation and usage of the system to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure that firmware on the both Operating System and Hardware are carry out to advert services breakdown
- Proactively alert the OEM for replacement whenever there are failed component on the infrastructure.
- Enterprise security of all IBM AIX platforms
- Availability of system resources on all managed IBM AIX servers.
- Maximum uptime for all IBM servers.
- A detailed documentation of IBM AIX administrator procedures.
- Timely completion of all assigned IBM AIX platform deliverables and projects.
- B.Sc. Computer Science / Engineering
- AIX Advanced Certified Certifications, good Managerial and Project Management Skill.
- 5+ years.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online