Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Adviser – Overhaul Project Manager
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Responsible for planning, supervising and managing overhaul maintenance activities with combustion and steam turbine (with emphasis on attached specifications).
- Also, support plant operations for reliability and availability issues, while assisting Engineering with the technical and operational troubleshooting on emergent issues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction on project management for major overhauls of combustion and steam turbines and associated auxiliary equipment by outside contractors and/or support maintenance staff to include work identification, condition assessment, repair procedures, vendor qualifications and start up after outages.
- Ensure the overhaul of the steam turbine, boiler and control protection system is planned and progresses as scheduled to meet performance and cost objectives.
- Perform reliability/risk assessments on combustion steam turbine components and auxiliaries.
- Support plant operations with identification of best operation and maintenance practices for combustion and steam turbines.
- Evaluate various maintenance programs and practices and make recommendations to optimize maintenance cost effectiveness, work quality, outage time and availability.
- Provide input on existing and new long-term maintenance plan for combustion and steam turbines and components.
- Developing and training of Project supervisors in TREP in Overhaul supervision technics through in-house knowledge sharing sessions.
Education & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- BSME desired or equivalent experience with a minimum of 15 years inclusive combustion and steam turbine maintenance project experience.
- This individual should have first line supervision experience in supervising Steam Turbine overhaul maintenance with experience working on Hitachi (or Equivalent) Steam Turbines. In-depth knowledge of trends and developments in global accounting and finance practice.
Skills & Competencies:
- This individual should have knowledge of correct tooling and rigging required to perform maintenance activities on various types of static and rotary machines such as alignment machine and balancing machine.
- Ability to collect, integrate and analyze information from multiple sources to create cohesive, fact- based analysis.
- High proficiency in MS word, Projects, Excel, Power point and outlook and other office programs.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with Knowledge and experience in project cost estimation.
- Strong network of industry contacts (Power plant OEMs, IOC etc.) from which to willingly generate investment or development opportunities for Egbin.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Excellent command of English language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.