Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Advisor – Family Planning
Reference No.: sfh-66224
Job Type: Full time
Travel Required: Yes
Contract Duration: 1 Year Contract, renewable subject to performance & availability of funds.
The consultant will provide Technical support to the Lafiya Project for family planning to support the project management and compliance of the Lafiya Project in SFH and support the quality of the technical activities especially to the delivery of the log frame deliverables of the Project.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- To support the development and implementation of annual work plans and budgets, ensuring FCDO and project priorities are addressed, and contract/budget compliance is achieved.
- To support the timely implementation of work plans and budgets according to the proposed annual work plans.
- Monitor and support the implementation of work plan and budgets, support reviews of progress, formation, and implementation of action plans.
- Support the tracking, reviewing of project M&E plan and accomplishment of project deliverables.
- Support and coordinate the project reporting to Project Lead as required by the work plan.
- Give support to Project finance team and contract compliance including; procurement procedures, training and monitoring in Statutory FP compliance.
- Support the coordination of technical support consultants to the project.
- Capacity building of community-based organisation’s and other local organizations to provide high-quality FP and other health services.
- Development of effective partnerships in-country to strengthen health service delivery networks.
- Work with strategic partners to oversee and implement multi-country, comprehensive FP/reproductive health (RH) projects in partnership with other global and local partners.
- Work closely with senior-level project staff, to conceptualize, design and implement regional and in-country capacity building plans.
- Development and dissemination of innovations, tools, and approaches for delivering FP services to poor, marginalized and underserved groups, including young people.
- Strengthening of SFH organizational systems for delivering FP.
- Draft and review a range of technical reports e.g. project reviews, reports to the project team as required.
- Support the development and implementation of annual technical work plans and budgets, ensuring donor and project priorities are addressed and contract/budget compliance is achieved.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field
- Minimum 10-years’ experience in FP/RH programming.
- Extensive experience in writing reports and project documents.
- Experience in preparing concept notes and Terms of Reference.
- Experience engaging with local officials and local community.
- Experience of development in insecure settings.
- Working experience with international and local organisation.
Skills and competencies:
- Robust analytic skills to be able to troubleshoot or problem-solve.
- Operational effectiveness and initiative skills.
- Understanding of Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office FCDOs including log frames.
- Ability to focus on results and respond positively to feedbacks.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a multi-cultural working environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
- Ability to multitask and work without supervision.
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.) and knowledge of database management.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2020.