Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant position, in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: Technical Laboratory Specialist
Req ID: sfh-07155
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (30 months)
- The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating laboratory services and HIV Testing Services across the seven One Stop Shops (OSS) and target population.
- S/he will be responsible for the designing, planning, implementation oversight, monitoring, reporting and documentation of performance, as well as provision of technical assistance to field staff and quality assurance management for the capacity building, and laboratory systems strengthening for HIV services and related laboratory activities.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Manage and control all laboratory services under the project to ensure quality and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment among Key Populations and attainment of UNAIDS 95:95:95 goal.
- Coordinate and provide professional expertise on all issues related to medical laboratory practices within the project and serve as the primary point of contact with internal and external stakeholders providing briefings, updates, and achievements of project goals. Provide oversight, supervision and mentoring to OSS and community ART laboratory staff.
- Maintain a robust Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for the project for quality decision making. Review existing indicators and LIMS tools to fill out the identified gaps for a holistic information and ensure that the tools align with the national tool and as well unique for KP programming.
- Ensure SOPs, Laboratory manuals, guidelines and forms are available and are appropriately utilized at OSS, DICs, and during community ART activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science from a recognised institution.
- 6 years’ post-NYSC progressive Medical Laboratory Science experience which includes at least 3 years in HIV comprehensive program.
- Additional 3 years’ experience in key population programming is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Information Management System.
- Detailed knowledge of Quality Management System in medical laboratory services is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the public health laboratory systems, national laboratory network, national integrated sample referral network and laboratory system strengthening in Nigeria is required.
- Good working knowledge of overall administrative requirements in development and support of grants, contracts, including sound managerial knowledge and understanding of project management, people, and budget management.
- Excellent knowledge laboratory information management, laboratory logistics, data quality assessment, data triangulation, report writing and presentation.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Assurance.
- Health system strengthening skills including technical skills in service delivery in comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care and general health care provision Communication skills.
- Knowledge of HIV epidemiology and global trends with emphasis on key population program in Nigeria situational analysis.
- Relationship with co-workers and team spirit
- Problem solving and analytical ability.
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Attention to detail.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.