Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality
Job number: 1180736
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- In Mixed Reality, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating ground-breaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
- We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
- If you are passionate about ground-breaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Mesh is hiring a Technical Program Manager to join our Microsoft Mesh team in Africa. Mesh (https://www.mesh.com) is a platform that enables mixed reality (AR/VR) applications to build collaborative, persistent & environmentally aware experiences. Users who are in the same space can view holograms together in a shared experience. Users are who are apart can experience each-others presence through avatars or holoportation while working together in the same virtual space or engage with holographic content placed by someone else. Behind the scenes, services that bring together users pose (head, body, and hand position), spatial audio, avatar look-and-feel, holoportation, head tracking, spatial localization, scene understanding, and object anchoring connect with client SDKs to make this happen. To deliver on the user experience, there is a lot of data capture, processing and transmission that must happen in real-time, and be reliably persisted and represented across devices.
- Product Management of a portion of our Mesh and Services portfolio.
- Work closely with customers and partners to understand their needs, form an aggregate view, and frame the business opportunity jointly with the Mixed Reality Commercialization team.
- Define product strategy and roadmap bridging customer needs and technical constraints
- Align local team investments with global mixed reality initiatives, driving clarity across multiple levels of the hierarchy in a matrixed org – from individual contributor through executive.
- Work with engineering counterparts to deliver customer value through our GA Azure services, devices, and other endpoints.
- Generate energy and excitement around current execution, and roadmap – internally, across the company and with customers.
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships, and influence team members to achieve business objectives.
- Live Microsoft’s values by being a positive force for inclusion, allyship, and mentoring.
- 2 years minimum experience in Product Management or Program Management.
- Experience driving program definition, strategy, and delivery in complicated problem spaces.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Experience in driving clarity, alignment, and execution in small and broad teams.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Optional: experience working through a complete product cycle, from initial design through post-release support, across functions.
- Optional: experience with Mixed Reality: AR/VR applications, 3D development / design, prototyping.
- Optional: experience with product/business planning: Drive market opportunities and partner with Hardware, Software, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Legal, Finance and Business Planning to deliver business outcomes.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online