Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Perform Project technical tasks assigned by the Instrumentation Discipline Lead consisting in design, checking, validation, testing and engineering Telecommunication Systems.
- Interface and coordinate with the other Project Team Specialists and Designers.
- Coordinate technical activities performed either by insourcing or outsourcing.
- Prepare Telecommunication Systems quantities for cost and erection works estimates
- Support Discipline Lead to define man hours and cost estimates
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Coordinate subcontracted engineering activities and control subcontracted engineering documents
- Define engineering design basis and guidelines
- Prepare the technical documentation for Telecommunication material and services requisitions and prepare, according to internal procedures, the technical evaluations
- Provide technical support to Project Team
- Optimize Telecommunication Systems design ensuring minimal cost and complexity in compliance with the contractual and safety requirements
- Prepare Telecommunication systems functional specifications
- Prepare Telecommunication equipment data sheets
- Validate Vendor Telecommunication BOQs
- Coordinate detail engineering activities and ensure proper installation drawings definition
- Participate in F.A.T. activities and Vendor workshop
- Participate in Site Acceptance Test and functional checks
- Provide technical and engineering support to construction Team
- Perform site engineering activities during construction and commissioning phases.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or a closely related field.
- In-depth knowledge of Telecommunication Systems and minimum of about 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent math and IT skills
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities.
Application Closing Date