Abuja Clinics is a world class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast of cutting edge equipment which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff who provide excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Theater Nurse
Location: FCT, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are hiring a Theatre Nurse to join our esteemed nursing team. As a theatre nurse, you are required to keep a sterile environment and also ensure that all surgical equipment is functioning efficiently amongst other things. It is your duty to care for patients booked for theatre procedures before, during and after any procedure.
- The theatre nurse must be friendly and must always be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure the patients comfort and well being.
- We are looking for a well-rounded theatre nurse to join our esteemed team to pursue our goals of providing the highest quality of care to our patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of all materials and equipment needed in the operating theatre.
- Receiving patients and conveying them for preparation and procedure.
- Assist the surgeon, anesthetist and entire surgical team during the procedure.
- Monitor the vital parameters of the patient
- Organise patient transportation from the operating theatre to the recovery room
- Carry-out and/or supervise all the postoperative activities to prepare the operating theatre for the next scheduled procedure or emergency.
- Implement the hygiene, sterilisation, asepsis and disinfection protocols and procedures at all times, before, during and after procedures, to ensure the safety conditions of patients and staff.
- Supervise and train the nurse aides and cleaners while in the operating theatre.
- Must follow Abuja Clinics protocols in the Control and use of all equipment and material. This is to ensure efficient and rational use of resources.
- Prepare monthly reports according to Abuja Clinics guidelines.
- Always communicate with operating team and other medical teams to meet patient needs.
- Assist in ordering, storing and maintaining surgical equipment and supplies
- Prepare timely and accurate records of patient history and recovery charts.
- Candidates should possess an SSCE qualification with 2 – 5 years work experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to show empathy.
- Must be patient.
- Must be a good listener.
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organization
- Advanced knowledge of theatre ethics and procedures.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.