U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2018 Application is currently going on and here is all you need to know about U.S. Embassy 2018 recruitment which include: requirements, qualifications and so on. The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, is seeking to employ eligible and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Non-Immigrant Visa Supervisor
Ref Id: A31909
Announcement Number: Abuja -2018-044
Series/Grade: LE-09 0101
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Work Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start Date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
- The incumbent is the unit supervisor responsible for providing substantive expertise, supervision, guidance, and training to a team of five Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) that process all categories of non-immigrant visa (NIV) applications
- This position oversees the processing of more than 85,000 NIV applications per year and the printing of more than 40,000 visas
- S/he serves as point of contact with host government contacts, foreign embassy contacts and Mission staff on NIV matters
- Additionally, s/he is responsible for monitoring the consistency and quality of the unit’s day-to-day work and ensuring that it complies with consular section quality standards for Mission Nigeria.
U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2018 Qualifications and Evaluations
- University Degree in the following: Art, Business Administration, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Foreign Language, History, International Relations, International Affairs, Literature, Liberal Arts, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, Sociology or Law is required.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience in consular operations or immigration services, or demonstrated equivalent experience in dealing with U.S. immigration and visa laws and procedures is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to motivate staff effectively, provide guidance and feedback to subordinates, draft and clear correspondence, analyze facts and present effective argument and recommendations is required
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook, and excellent customer care/interpersonal skills is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
- The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
- The character of service
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply For U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2018 Application
- Universal Application for US Federal Employment (DS – 174)
- Application Letter addressing the Qualifications and Evaluations for the position
- Degree not with transcript
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
Submit Applications to: HRNigeria@state.gov
NGN 8,168,957 / USD 45,319
Application Closing Date
To fill the U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2018 Application, all interested applicants are to register within the stipulated time as their will not be time for extending the closing date any longer.