This is to inform all interested applicants of the current U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2019/2020 Job Vacancies and how to apply. Here we will list out all the current U.S. Embassy 2019 job recruitment vacancies to apply. The perfect head-start to a promising career begins here.
The U.S. Embassy is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
1.) Truck Driver/Warehouseman
Salary: N3,599,599 (USD $26,233) per annum
Deadline: 30th May, 2019.
2.) Supervisory Consular Assistant (Correspondence Team Lead)
Salary range: N8,383,885 – N8,383,885 per annum
Deadline: 24th May, 2019.
3.) Public Health Specialist (Senior Immunization Specialist)
Salary range: N14,104,381 – N14,104,381 per annum
Deadline: 28th May, 2019.
- The incumbent is responsible for the accountability and storage of expendable and non-expendable supplies such as cleaning supplies, office supplies, Automobile, furniture and maintenance supplies.
- S/he responsible for the proper organization and appropriate storage of expendable and non-expendable contents in the warehouse.
- Ensures available space is optimally utilized in all stockrooms and that items have adequate protection from damage or loss, as well as, ensures the efficiency and cleanliness of warehouse buildings and grounds.
- S/he directly supervises four expendable and non expendable supply clerks and two warehouse men.
- Additionally, s/he monitors preventive maintenance of all warehouses handling equipment. Follow up any repair works needed.
U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2019 Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years supply experience in a large warehouse is required, one of the years will be as a supervisor.
- Job Knowledge: Must have good knowledge of stock control and standard warehousing procedure.
- Education Requirements: Completion of Secondary School
These may be tested:
- Language: Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/writing/reading in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate and be able to lift heavy materials or items, as well as, able to separate items into technical and commercial categories.
- Must be tactful in dealing with Embassy personnel.
U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2019 Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
- The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
- The character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please Click here (Pdf)
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2019.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
U.S. Embassy Recruitment 2019 Required Documents
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance
- For More Info: HR Section, Tel: 01-461-4000, email: HRNigeria@state.gov