Apply now for Unskilled Jobs in Canada 2022 For Africans. The urgency of employees has enforced the Canadian government to offer jobs in Canada for unskilled workers. The best part is that the average salary of unskilled workers is so excellent that the minimum wage with the average salary exceeds $20, 000 a year.
The Canadian government is planning to recruit over a million immigrants as unskilled labour jobs in Canada into their vacant positions. These jobs are the best opportunities for you to apply for because locals are not recruited for them.
As an unskilled/semi-skilled worker, the very best option is to apply for the Provincial Nominee Program because the Express Entry Canada system works with the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class that all require some level of qualification.
No. of Vacancies
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Food Processing Worker
Food Counter Attendant
Bakery Production Worker
Poultry Farm Worker
Gas Station Worker
Cloth Factory Worker
Seasonal Farm Worker
Crop Harvesting Worker
How to Get Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners?
If you are a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada you can simply apply for a job at any company that is hiring unskilled workers. If neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident, your single option is to apply to immigrate to Canada as a foreign worker. You must have to complete the Canada unskilled work visa process and the immigration process may take up to five years.
Migrating to Canada by Applying Temporary Foreign Worker Program
For unskilled and semi-skilled workers seeking jobs in Canada, another beneficial offer available is the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
This program allows foreign workers to work and live in Canada on a temporary basis, usually for 2 years. During the period immigrants can also apply for a new work permit or an extension on the existing work permits. However, the process depends on the employers and the job offer workers have received. In order to be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have written letter of the job offer you have received by a Canadian employer
- Have an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- Convince the immigration officer that you are staying in Canada temporarily and will leave the country as soon as the end of your employment contract period.
- Provide all necessary documents that you meet the requirements of the job. These documents may be your previous work experience, job-specific training (2 years maximum), and academic requirements (usually a high school diploma).
- You must not have criminal records
- You must be in good health.
- Make sure all documents are in English or French.
- Prove that you do not pose a threat to the security of the country.
- Provide evidence of having a sufficient amount of funds to live in Canada.
Your job-employer will be responsible for the following:
- Applying for an LMIA
- Paying for your flight fare (arrival and return costs)
- Providing assistance in finding suitable and affordable accommodations
- Providing temporary medical insurance coverage
- Getting you registered under a provincial workplace safety insurance plan
If you require further assistance on immigration for unskilled and low-skilled workers in Canada, you can consult Elaar Immigration Consulting Inc., which is a leading immigration firm and recruitment agency in Canada based in Vancouver, British Columbia. They can help you figure out the best way to immigrate to Canada and get the best job offer while avoiding the usual hassles along the way.