UTME 2018 FAQs was Clarified by JAMB Today! Live Chat – The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) through her official twitter handle has decided to go on live to have their questions concerning the 2018 UTME registration clarified by the body (JAMB). The live chat was Today for over two hours; via @JAMBHQ, 10am-12Noon. If you missed it, don’t panic. We have taken out time to compile the questions and answers that was been asked. (Courtesy Top Gist Nigeria)
UTME 2018 FAQs was clarified by JAMB Today!
2018 UTME LIVE TWITTER UPDATES:
1. Question asked: since the examination will be computer based what if someone that doesn’t have the knowledge of computer, how can he/she cope with computer based
JAMB Response: The person will only need the Mouse and Keyboard . The Arrow keys and A,B,C,D Keys . Thats all you need to write our exam.
2. Question asked: can i use my last year jamb to apply for this year?
JAMB Response: No you can’t for now
3. Question asked: How can one Register as an accredited jamb registration centre?
JAMB’s Response: Visit any of our state offices. OR see
the guidelines on (link: http://www.jamb.gov.ng)
4. Question asked: I find out that some cybercafes has started selling jamb to candidate at the price of #15000
JAMB’s Response: Please supply us with the name of the cyber cafe and where they are located. We will appreciate this. you can request for a follow back to DM.
5. Question asked: Can I change my profile’s password?
JAMB’s Response: Yes you can
6. Question asked: how will this year Jamb registration be like?
JAMB’s Response: The exam will be Computer Based yes. (CBT)
7. Question asked: when is the mock commencing and the real exam commencing.. Thanks
JAMB’s Response: There is no official date for now. If the date comes up, we will announce on this handle.
8. Question asked: Can I get UTME past questions at the
JAMB’s response: You can visit any of our offices for past
12. Question asked: what if the awaiting result comes out before admission proceeds, would the candidate still gain
admission. For awaiting results?
JAMB’s response: Then, you will be required to upload your result to our portal and then proceed for your
14. Question asked: how do you intend to fix the problem of numerous amount of candidates seeking admission into the tertiary institution
JAMB’s response: That is left for us to fix
15: Question asked: when will jamb for be ready and the exam be concluded because some schools need the result
of jamb before march 31. E.g is the NDA
JAMB’s response: All institutions are aware of JAMB exam date, so they will not put any candidate in a
16. Question asked: Good day please I needed to know if candidate with awaiting result can reg for jamb 2018.
JAMB’s response: Yes please. JAMB has not cancelled Awaiting Result. Please read our tweets on this page for
17. Question asked: with this new policy, does it means I can choose more than one polytechnic?
JAMB’s response: Yes that is what it means.
18. Question asked: WILL CYBER BE ALLOW TO REGISTER THE JAMB?
JAMB’s response: cyber cafes will not be allowed to register candidates on behalf on JAMB
19. Question asked: I want ask questions about (1) 2018 JAMB fee (2)When will the form be release for sale.
JAMB’s response: There is no official statement on the price of the fee for this year’s registration. We will announce it when we have the info
21. Question asked: is it true there’s not going to be Jamb next year
JAMB’s response: Please do not spread rumors. The exam has been scheduled to hold in May 2018
22. Question asked: is it true one must take five subjects??
JAMB’s response: Five subject where? JAMB or SSCE?
23. Question asked: if i may ask, are we not allowed to choose state uni… as first choice?
JAMB’s response: Yes you can choose a state Uni as your first choice
24. Question asked: can’t you delay admission processes till both WAEC and NECO release their results?
JAMB’s response: JAMB does not have the powers to do that okay.
25. Question asked: Why is it that top media platforms like Vanguard, Premium Times carried the news of cancel of awaitng results?
JAMB’s response: If you read the press release, it was so explicit.
26. Question asked: Good morning JAMB. Please what are the things we will use during registration?
JAMB’s response: We will release guidelines when the registration starts here and on our website.
27. Question asked: please can I use my email address to create my profile
JAMB’s response: Yes you can
28. Question asked: when it’s the registration commencing
JAMB’s response: Please registration has not commenced. When we start, we will announce it.
29. Question asked: History and international studies can I use English, crk govt and econs during registration as my
JAMB’s response: Please consult the JAMB Brochure to get the right subject combination for your course.
30. Question asked: Since you said there will be no Offline. Are sure there would no network failure during
the registration like last five years?
JAMB’s response: Trust that we have everything sorted. We are READY
31. Question asked: I heard something about a separate exam center for the physically challenged. Shed some light
on this what counts as disabled to you
JAMB’s response: Disabled in any form. Blind, etc
32. Question asked: what about the issue of preference of candidates for admission?
JAMB’s response: JAMB doesn’t offer admission. The schools do
33. Question asked: Were can we get the form?
JAMB’s response: We shall communicate that to you soon
34. Question asked: Is it possible to ignore private university among my choice?
JAMB’s response: Yes!! you do not have to choose a private University as your choice
35. Question asked: i read premium time news paper last 2 days, said its not allow candidate should register from
cyber cafe how did i register from?
JAMB’s response: You will be able to register at our accredited centres
36. Question asked: Can I open my profile on the official website now?
JAMB’s response: Yes you can
37: Question asked: For how many weeks will UTME 2018 registration last?
JAMB’s response: We will get that information to you soon
38. Question asked: is that means cyber will not involve in terms for registration?
JAMB’s response: Yes please
39: Question asked: Please Jamb should let all the UTME candidates know those courses that are not accredited in
all the institutions to avoid problems
JAMB’s response: During the registration, you will see all accredited courses for each Institution
40. Question asked: can someone withdraw poly admission from the jamb portal, I don’t know if i have been
admitted in my university of choice
JAMB’s response: Please log into your profile and check your admission status
41. Question asked: where is the accredited centres located?
JAMB’s response: Last year we have over 500 centres in Nigeria alone. This year we will be having more centres
42. Question asked: Those exam centres with bad computer systems, poor electricity supply, how are the
students complain handled, if such happen again?
JAMB’s response: Such centres will never be used by JAMB again. Do not fret
43. Question asked: as if you write the exam what about the result in 24hrs?
JAMB’s response: Results are normally released within 24hours. It has not been changed.
44. Question asked: please explain what the profile we
are to create is about
JAMB’s response: We want you to create a personal
profile. So that you can visit the site and see all your
dealings with JAMB
45. Question asked: will you be allowed to choose 2
JAMB’s response: Yes. I Public and 1 Private. You can not
take 2 Public Institutions
46. Question asked: pls help relesae procedure for pre-
registration and will it cost us money?
JAMB’s response: Registration procedure will soon be
released and also the cost
47. Question asked: Not all the regularisation students’ form are treated, any reason for that pls?
JAMB’s response: We treat all regularization cases. We either approve or disapprove. We give reasons
48. Question asked: can I choose 2 public universities
JAMB’s response: No u can’t. Its for your good. Why apply to 2 public Universities that the 2nd one wont even
consider your application?
49. Question asked: So many blogs out there have misinterpreted your Press briefing about d awaiting result
of a thing. How do u hope to correct this?
JAMB’s response: We have corrected this on our Twitter handle. The full content of the Press release doesn’t say
AR is scrapped.
50. Question asked: creating an account ?? is it before or during registration period??
JAMB’s response: You can create you account now before the registration commences
More Loading 95%. …