WEWE Recruitment 2019/2020 Application and How to Apply – Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
Read Also: IBEDC Recruitment Form 2018/2019 – See Positions and How to Apply
WEWE seeks application from qualified persons for the vacant position in the USAID-funded LOPIN project:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Director
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is soliciting for individuals to fill job vacancies in a 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and River states’. We are currently on the fourth year of the implementation
- WEWE is an indigenous national NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT, with project offices in Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Imo and Anambra
- WEWE is currently soliciting for individuals who have God’s calling on their lives to help widows and orphans, individuals who have passion for vulnerable children and who are ready to join the WEWE family to help WEWE/USAID achieve its project vision ‘To make Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and Rivers State the best place to live for orphans and vulnerable children.
Team Core Ideology
- Program team is committed to making WEWE a globally renowned organization for quality programming, by ensuring that all of its program beneficiaries receives services that are of the highest standard and quality.
- To Improve quality of life of project beneficiaries through access to services of the highest standard and quality. Lead in the process of ensuring quality services delivery to beneficiaries
- Reporting to the Chief of Party, QID is directly responsible for overseeing all program activities of LOPIN 2 project. QID directly reports to Chief of party
- QID Supervises State Improvement Coordinators, and ensures implementation and effectiveness of the OVC program in the states, Implements a performance management and improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the OVC program, systematically applies and teaches the science and theory of improvement science to achieve results on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Input and impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, scheduling, and procedural change in order to achieve and maintain an efficient, cost-effective program.
- Collect and manage data on quality improvement processes and outcomes with the M&E team.
- Review and improve OVC technical strategies with the Program Director.
- Ensures that work plan is adhered to and implemented with measurable success.
- Develop monthly and quarterly work plans.
- Submit technical and administrative reports.
- Facilitates program trainings
- Ensures implementation and effectiveness of the OVC program in the states.
- Implements a performance management and improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the OVC program.
- Ensures an efficient, cost-effective program.
- Oversees and monitors the development and implementation of the quality improvement program.
- Assures that improvement activities are documented and reported within the organization and externally as appropriate.
- Work with the M&E Unit to develop LOPIN 2 M&E Plan
- Train staff and government Staff and stakeholders on Improvement science Methodology
- Regularly provide coaching technical support in Quality Improvement methods
- Take the lead in developing Quarterly reports, Semi Annual Program Reports (SAPR and Annual Program Reports (APR) ready for submission to USAID; contribute to the development of USAID’s Annual Country Operational Plans as may be necessary
- Support the M&E Team to standardize data collection tools and implementation of M&E activities
- Facilitates quarterly technical meetings which will provide technical directions or redirections to LOPIN-2 project implementation.
- Review and finalize relevant policies in line with SIMS tools and guidance and ensure staff orientation / reorientation / training on these policies.
- Provides leadership for the Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS);
- Establish and Supervise an internal LOPIN-2 SIMS team to conduct routine site visits.
- Ensure each SIMS site submit quarterly or annual action plans based on findings of the internal SIMS team.
- Schedule biannually SIMS site visits to ensure LOPIN-2 sites are inspected and well prepared for USAID SIMS visits.
- Develop SIMS remediation plans and action plans and ensure that these plans are actionable and completed within the timelines.
- Provide adequate guidance and support to the State teams to ensure all Direct Implementation Teams (DIT) and Implementing Agencies (IAs) in projects states
Management and Administration:
- Support State Team leads to manage program budgets, including disbursement of funds and tracking of financial and material resources and ensure prompt retirements from the state to the finance team in WEWE Head Quarters in Abuja.
- Leads the overall Rivers office administration including maintenance, utilities, Information Technology and motor vehicles management
- In collaboration with WEWE Project Management Team (PMT), provide support to improve WEWE’s financial pipeline, burn rate and turnover of program funds from project states to WEWE-Headquarters in Abuja.
- Support States and the LOPIN-2 finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances, expenditures and progress status, compile and forward receipts, review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis
- Support staff to comply with all LOPIN-2 financial, administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations and government regulations; ensure that program team manages program funds in line with USAID cost principles of reasonable, allowable and allocable.
- Oversight leadership of the Anambra and River State level program: State-level planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting, learning and reflection; coordinated, participated and supported activities of team members in the state.
- Regularly monitors the Implementing Agency in the four project sites.
- Develop M&E & learning components for new programme proposals, including M&E budgets
- Provide guidance and orientation on WEWE for new staff members including the state response; work with staff to develop yearly performance plan and objectives.
- Manage WEWE staff performance system at state and developed mechanism to motivate a high performing team.
- Develop terms of reference for all program consultants and ensure that they are fulfilling their tasks
- Manage the recruitment portfolio for the program, in collaboration with Human Resources and WEWE country program management, to ensure optimum service delivery through recruitment of competent and qualified staff.
- Directly supervise program staff which includes the State leads and indirectly supervise State Program Officers which involves reviewing and approval of timesheets, staff performance goals, objectives, appraisals and evaluations.
WEWE Recruitment 2019 Application Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s in Public Health, Social Work, Community Development Studies or any in Social Science/related field
- An advanced Degree in social work, or any other related field also required
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in community development work preferably in the field of OVC.
- Program and Management leadership experience.
- Knowledge of quality improvement approaches is strongly desired.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
- A high proficiency in the use of computer, particularly in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Relevant professional qualifications and effective verbal and written communication will be an added advantage.
WEWE Recruitment 2019 Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV’s and Cover Letters in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
- Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.