The Federation of Construction Industry (FOCI) formerly known as Federation of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (FOBACEC) is the umbrella body for Construction Companies in Nigeria. FOCI inaugurated the Murtala Ramat Muhammed Scholarship Fund in 1976 in memory of late General Murtala Muhammed.
The Murtala Ramat Muhammed Scholarship Fund is part of FOCI’s social investment for capacity building in the Building and Civil Engineering sectors which act as strategic feed into the Construction Industry. FOCI, through the Murtala Ramat Muhammed Scholarship Fund, is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to suitably qualified Nigerian Students.
e-Applications are invited from Full-Time SECOND YEAR (200 level) degree students studying any of the under-listed courses in State and Federal Universities in Nigeria. Applicants must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.5 to be considered:
1. Civil Engineering.
2. Building Technology.
Online application at FOCI’s website commences May.
The objectives of FOCI are:
- Represent its members in their individual and collective capabilities.
- Secure for its members the greatest possible freedom in the conduct of their business, having due regard to corresponding freedom on the part of others.
- Develop and maintain friendly relations between the members themselves and those with whom they have business relations.
- Protect members against attack when a question of principle affecting members generally is at stake.
- Secure mutual support and co-operation in dealing with demands made by or upon any individual, group of individuals or organised body whatsoever.
- Inaugurate and maintain for the Federation a system of Finance which shall maintain the whole organisation in a sound and efficient condition.
- Promote the formation of convenient organisation and sections within the Federation.
- Correlate the work of organisation throughout the Federation so that the whole shall proceed in accordance with the general plan, and shall so function that the whole shall be equally well organised throughout.
- Protect the members individually and/or collectively against strikes or disputes with workmen or against losses incurred by acting in conformity with the decisions or recommendations of the Federation or its Council.
- Safeguard the interest of members and to obtain from Government Departments, Public Bodies, Professional Societies, Manufacturer’s and Merchants’ Associations, Individual Officials or members thereof and others fair and equitable treatment for members in relation to conditions of tendering, bills of quantities, conditions of contract, specifications, supply of materials, and in other way.
- Examine all legislative measures which may affect or tend to affect the Building and Civil Engineering Industry, and if necessary take measures in support thereof or opposition thereto.
Promote the formation of regularized methods of procedure in regard to:
e-Application closes by midnight June.